Google Apps is a Cloud service from Google providing independently customizable versions of several Google products under your own domain name. It features several Web applications with similar functionality to traditional office suites, including Gmail, Contacts, Groups, Calendar, Talk, Chat, Videos, Docs, Drive, Sites, Vault, and much more.
In addition to the standard customization and readily available Apps, we can go deeper using some programming tools like Gadgets, Scripts, and App Engine.
Google Apps for Work is so far the best path into the Cloud for small-medium businesses. At $10 per user per month, price is no longer part of the analysis. The right question is how to migrate there sooner, and what else to add or customize to run the whole business process and procedures at home in the Cloud.
Going Cloud is not just about savings, it's about benefits,
“working better together with any team, at any time, from any place, on any device.”
Other 1-sentence definitions
- Everything your business needs
- The tools your employees want
- Designed for teams, built for the web
- working better together with any team, at any time, from any place, on any device
- No Hardware Neither Software Nor Licenses, Just a Browser
- Your Office collaboration suite into the Cloud
A picture is worth a thousand words | How many a video?