:: Current issues ::
The upgrade to Mapping Sheets add-on 2.0 was completed on Mar.31 and over the weekend without major issues, however it might be some temporary issues and disruptions after the migration:
- If you have not enrolled for the Beta version before, you have to BUILD your maps again with the new version, that is using a different format in your .json data files
- If you have enrolled for the Beta version before and have saved (bookmark) your map Url (pointing to mapping-beta.html), you should update that Url (pointing to mapping.html) as soon as possible
:: Known issues ::
- On Firefox browser, the Mapping Sheets add-on is showing a blank (empty) sidebar and dialogs. >> No fix available yet >> Please, try the Chrome browser in the meantime
- On Safari browser, the Mapping web app is not showing the content of the filters sidebar, neither the content of the Infowindow >> No fix available yet >> Please, try the Chrome browser in the meantime
- [ FIXED on Apr.20 ] On Edge browser, the Mapping web app is not showing the content of the filters sidebar, neither the content of the Infowindow >> No fix available yet >> Please, try the Chrome browser in the meantime
- On IE browser, showing the sidebar in a non-workable way >> Please, try the Chrome or Edge browser instead, we are unable to support IE, for both the add-on and the web app
* We are not giving up on Firefox and Safari browsers, but we are having a hard time to identify, fix or workaround these browser-related issues
Please, try the Chrome browser in the meantime
- If you are getting an Error 404 or similar warning when opening the Mapping web app >> Please, check this post for more details
Short list of current topmost FAQ and requests
Q Why is that "geocode" error and how to fix / avoid it?
A Exceeding daily Geocoding service quota: More than a few users are getting a warning about "Service invoked too many times for one day: geocode." There is not too much we can do in this case, other than wait until next day. Geocoding service quota get usually cleared after 24 hours or so. Learn more about Geocoding service quota.
Q Will (or can) the maps automatically refresh if new data is added?
A There is no way for automation, at this moment within the Mapping Sheets add-on, however, triggers are now available for add-ons functionality, and we'd introduce them (time / event driven trigger) in future versions. Ideally the map data could be created (Build) time based, or in response to changes on the sheet. In those cases you'd only need to refresh the map page to get the latest version.
Q How can I share the web map page with others?
A At this moment, the only option to share your map is sharing the map webpage link. We are considering other options around sharing, embedding, saving, printing, and exporting the map for future versions.
Q Can I embed the map in my web site?
A It is possible to embed the map in other page, as some users have already done and shared with us. Check this post for more details on how to achieve that, and provide your feedback if you find a better way.
Featured Blog Posts on Mapping Sheets
Can I trust this add-on, is it safe to use it? We have received just a handful of questions like this one, however we believe it might be in many other's mind.This is always going to be an open ...
Why do I need those 3 column headers for mapping? Among the many columns you can have in your Data sheet for mapping, there are 3 key columns that play a special role in your map: Title, Filter, and Location ...