Google Fusion Tables alternative using Mapping Sheets add-on
From Fusion Tables to Mapping Sheets
By December 2019 the powerful and versatile Google Fusion Tables will not be available anymore as announced by Google
If you were using Fusion Tables for Mapping, you can migrate your tables to Google Sheets and then use the Mapping Sheets add-on to build your maps, in a rich feature and affordable Mapping solution, while keeping your data in your Google Drive.
Quick [executive] summary on your migration from Fusion Tables to Mapping Sheets add-on
Download as CSV > Open with Google Sheets > Add-ons ... Start Mapping > Select your headers > BUILD and VIEW your map.
See below how the migration might be, step by step in more details ...
1. Download your Fusion Tables file as a CSV file, then upload it to your Google Drive
- Depending on your device configuration, you might be able to save it directly into your Google Drive
2. On your Google Drive, right-click the CSV file and Open with Google Sheets
- The CSV (comma separated values) file will be converted into a Google Sheets document (spreadsheet)
3. In your brand new Google spreadsheet, open the Add-ons menu, select Mapping Sheets, then Start Mapping
- If you haven't yet, you can install the Mapping Sheets add-on from the G Suite Marketplace using this link
- That would open the add-on sidebar ready for you to start
5. Finally, click BUILD and then VIEW to open your map
- You would need a premium plan subscription (at just $25 per year) to plot more than 50 locations in your map
- Learn more about the Mapping Sheets add-on features an also on its limitations from this page
- Even though in most cases it may be as easy as described above, in others you might have some challenges in your migration.
- You can count on our support throughout the migration process
- If you already have location columns like Latitude and Longitude, you can use them directly in the add-on, as explained on this post
- Otherwise if you did the Geocoding in Fusion Tables, you would need to repeat the process using the add-on, at least we don't know how to export those results from Fusion Tables
Please, contact us if you have any question through the FAQ and Feedback page